On Jan. 28, 40 companies from across the Greater Vancouver region will come together at the newly built Surrey City Hall Atrium for a one day pitch-based competition for the title of Greater Vancouver’s Clean Technology Champion.
The championship will be judged by 12 prominent local and international clean technology investors and buyers. The winner of the competition will be awarded $10,000 prize provided by Vancity Credit Union.
In addition to the championship, a series of workshops and panel discussions will take place and bring together some of North America’s top clean technology experts that are eager to share their expert insights on how to grow a clean technology company. Speakers include:
• Karim Kassam, vice-president of business and corporate development for Ballard Power Systems;
• Paul Blomerus, vice-president of Westport Innovations;
• Christine Bergeron, director of business member relationships for Vancity;
• Ray Lings, managing director for Powertech Labs;
• Bill Lemon, co-chair fof Element 8 Angel Investors.
More than 500 people are expected to participate in this full day of clean technology excellence, on Wednesday, Jan. 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Surrey City Hall, 13450 104 Ave.
For program information contact Stephen Wu at 604-591-4333.