The BC Jobs “Start Here Job Fair” visits Surrey tomorrow (Friday, Nov. 23), to help British Columbians find their next job or career.
As part of the BC Jobs Plan, this job fair is one of 24 to be held across B.C. between now and the end of November. They will connect British Columbians who are looking for work with employers looking for qualified employees. Exhibitors at each fair will include employers from various sectors, post-secondary institutions, and training and health authorities.
The BC Jobs Start Here Job Fair is part of Canada Starts Here: the BC Jobs Plan, the government of British Columbia’s plan to promote economic development and job growth in the province. The plan aims to open new markets for B.C. products and services and to create jobs for British Columbians.
The BC Jobs Start Here Job Fair takes place Nov. 23 from 12-7 p.m. at the Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel (Guildford Ballroom), 15269 104th Ave.
Participating organizations are:
2. Airborne Engines Ltd.
4. BC Construction Association- Skilled Trades Employment Program
5. BC Corrections – Adult Custody Division
6. BC Hydro
7. Canadian Forces Reserves, 15 Field Artillery Regiment
8. Edward Jones
9. Garden Protein International
10. HMS Host International
11. Hort Education
12. Houle Electric
13. HUB International
14. Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC)
15. Investors Group
16. Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC)
17. JW Research Ltd.
18. Kwantlen Polytechnic University
19. Langara College
20. Lia Sophia
21. Make a Future-Careers in BC Education
22. Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc.
23. Pacific Community Resources Society
24. Port Metro Vancouver
25. RCMP- recruiting
26. Sun Life Financial Group- Metro Vancouver Centre
27. The Placement Group
28. Tim Hortons
29. Wesgar Inc
30. WorkBC- Options Community Services (Whalley)