TD has announced the official launch of its electric vehicle charging initiative, which will see seven TD locations in B.C. provide courtesy charging stations for use by electric vehicle-driving customers while they do their banking. TD had previously piloted the use of electric-vehicle charging stations at its solar energy generating branch in London, Ont.
The following TD locations across Metro Vancouver and in Victoria will have charging stations installed:
- Surrey: TD Canada Trust branch 9280, 10435 King George Blvd. Directions
- Victoria: TD Canada Trust branch 287, 3675 Shelbourne St.. Directions
- Abbotsford: TD Canada Trust branch 9032, 32817 South Fraser Way. Directions
- Burnaby: TD Canada Trust branch 9656, 1933 Willingdon Ave. Directions
- Coquitlam: TD Canada Trust branch, 1140 Johnson Street. Directions
- Langley: TD Canada Trust branch 9194, 19711 Willowbrook Dr. Directions
- Richmond: TD Canada Trust branch 152, 7008 No. 3 Rd. Directions
At a time when the world’s leaders are gathering to discuss climate change, the environment and sustainable innovation, TD aims to be a strong environmental steward. In addition to the electric vehicle charging stations for customers, the bank is committed to continuous improvement in lowering its operational footprint and reducing its environmental impact. In 2010, TD became the first North American based carbon neutral bank, introduced the first net zero energy bank branch on the continent and generates solar energy at 122 locations.
“We are constantly looking for ways to improve our environmental commitment while also looking for opportunities to raise the bar in customer service,” said Mauro Manzi, senior vice-president, TD Canada Trust – Pacific Region. “From more sustainable branches, to longer hours, to Sunday banking, the installation of convenient electric vehicle charging stations is our latest way to deliver on this promise.”
Electric vehicles use little or no gasoline and often require less maintenance. TD’s electric vehicle charging stations are installed in parking areas at designated locations and are a free service provided to branch customers with electric vehicles.