A (very) quick look at some of the news in the community you might have missed. Email your submissions to email@example.com with ‘Single-sentence stories’ in the subject line.
- The 15th Annual HomeLife Charity Golf Classic in support of Canuck Place Children’s Hospice is set for Thursday, June 9 at Surrey’s Northview Golf and Country Club – register at homelifegolfclassic.com.
- The Electron, invented by Jordan and Maurice Dery at Karice Enterprises in Surrey, is one of six finalists for the Lighting Design Awards, widely considered to be the “Oscars” of the lighting design world – the winner will be announced at a gala in London, England on May 5th.
- FVDED in The Park, a two-day festival, is returning to Surrey’s Holland Park on July 2nd and 3rd – an estimated 28,000 people are expected to attend the event featuring over 30 artists from across the globe on its three stages.
- Liberty Tax Service Canada’s three offices in Surrey are offering free tax preparation for first responders, police, fire and paramedics, until March 27th and for nurses and medical staff, from March 28th to April 3rd.
- Strawberry Hill Elementary has received $5,000 from National Bank’s Canada-wide One for Youth program for the school’s Girls in Action program, which works to alter the mindset of girls who are disengaged from school, prone to negative behaviour and affected by bullying or negative gender views.