We asked the City of Surrey’s parks manager Owen Croy for a list of his favourite parks in Surrey to enjoy this summer. Did he miss your favourite spot? Let us know by emailing email@example.com and we will add your pick to this story.
- “Invergarry Park, with its north-facing ravine and forest area, is a cool park to enjoy. It also has an awesome off-street bike park with jumps.” At 11297 Surrey Rd.
- “Fleetwood Park has a great mix of passive park, a water spray park and natural area trails in the shade.” At 15802 80th Ave.
- “Bothwell Park is an older park that doesn’t have many visitors, so you can enjoy a peaceful walk on its trails that wind through a natural area. Historically, the Serpentine River had been dammed at this point, and served as Surrey’s ‘Swimming Hole’. Of course, the dam is no longer there, and it is noted environmentally sensitive area.” At 9435 168th St.
- “Bear Creek Park has several kilometres of trails through its forested areas, and while in the park you can visit the water park, outdoor pool and the beautiful gardens.” At 13750 88th Ave.
- “Tom Hopkins Ravine Park faces north, with quiet, cool trails in a natural area.” At 11725 98A Ave.
- “Elgin Heritage Park has a fantastic trail system that winds along the Nicomekl River, where there are great views of the farmlands and Panorama Ridge and the mountains beyond. You can put your kayak, canoe or paddleboard in at the special dock at Wards Marina, especially made for launching hand-powered craft.” At 13723 Crescent Rd.
- “Brownsville Bar Park, on the banks of the mighty Fraser, is a good place to fish from and to relax.” At 11931 Old Yale Rd.
- “Redwood Park has trails through the heritage arboretum and a playground shaded by full canopy of mature specimen trees.” At 17900 20th Ave.
- “No list of ‘cool’ places to go would be complete without mentioning the city’s other water spray parks, which can be found at Newton Athletic Park (7395 128th St.), Cloverdale Athletic Park (6330 168th St.), Erma Stephenson Park (15920 110th Ave.), Goldstone Park (5850 146th St.), Bridgeview Park (12560 115th Ave.), Hawthorne Park (10513 144th Ave.) and Unwin Park (includes outdoor pool, 13313 68th Ave.).”