It’s almost time for this year’s annual Terry Fox Run, which takes place Sunday, Sept. 15.
Runs in Surrey and North Delta take place at the following locations:
• Fraser Heights Recreation Centre, 10588, 160 St. Registration starts at 9 a.m. Warm-up is at 9:45 a.m. and the run starts at 10 a.m. The run includes 2K, 5K and 10K routes.
• Bear Creek Park, 13750 88 Ave. Registration starts at 8 a.m. and the runs start at 9 a.m. There are 1K, 5K and 10K routes.
• Cloverdale Legion, 17567 57 Ave. Registration starts at 9 a.m. and the run starts at about 10 a.m. There are 1K, 5K and 10K routes, which allow bikes, wheelchairs, strollers and rollerblades.
• Rotary Field House, South Surrey Athletic Park, 148 Street and 20 Avenue. Registration starts at 8 a.m. and the runs begin between 9 and 9:30 a.m. The 1.5K, 6K and 10K courses are wheelchair accessible.
• Sungod Arena, 7825 112 St. Registration starts at 9 a.m. and the run is at 10 a.m. There are 1K, 5K and 10K routes, which are suitable for bikes, wheelchairs, strollers and rollerblades. Dogs on leashes are welcome.
The Terry Fox Run is non-competitive. Participants can complete the course in any fun way they choose. There is no pre-registration.
Entry is by donation or by collecting pledges, with proceeds going to the Terry Fox Foundation, which supports cancer research.
For more information, visit www.terryfox.org