B.C.’s largest Earth Day celebration takes place Saturday at City Hall Plaza.
Featuring three performance stages and more than a dozen performers, The Party for the Planet will take place April 23 – one day after Earth Day – from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 13450 104 Ave.
Performers will include:
• Children’s entertainer Music With Marnie (11-11:40 a.m.)
• Indoor kite flyer Tristan Underwood (12-12:20 p.m.)
• The PraiseTeam (12-12:40 p.m.)
• Raptors Ridge Birds of Prey (12-12:50 p.m.)
• Urban Safari Rescue Society (1-1:40 p.m.)
• Blink Acro dance (1:45 p.m., 3:45 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.)
• Street performer/juggler Piper Mckenzie (2:30-2:40 p.m.)
• Folk/pop/rockers The Wilds (3-4 p.m.)
• Make-believe musicians Bobs and Lolo (3-3:15 p.m. and 4-5 p.m.)
• Singer-songwriter Vince Vaccaro (4-4:40 p.m.)
• Folk-soul singer Scott Helman (5-6 p.m.)
Other visitors will include The Lorax, Franklin the Turtle and Raptors Ridge Birds of Prey.
The green-themed event will provide eco-tips for sustainable living, teach about sustainable initiatives in Surrey and have a tree and plant sale and 10 recycling stations.
This is a free event, and no tickets are required.
For the full schedule of events and maps, visit http://www.surrey.ca/partyfortheplanet/event-info.aspx