Summer is officially here and to kick off everyone’s favourite season, we’ve compiled a list of fun things to do without leaving the city.
- Best parks to visit in the city – Owen Croy, city’s manager of parks, shares his favourite Surrey places to enjoy in the summertime.
- Surrey Urban Farmer’s Market moves back to rec centre plaza this summer – Event held every Wednesday afternoon on the plaza outside North Surrey rec centre.
- Where to cast a fishing line in Surrey – Surrey has good locations to fish for pretty much all species of salmon, cutthroat trout, Dolly Vardens and the mighty sturgeon.
- Flea market a tradition for 38 years in Cloverdale – “We’re not trying to be a night market, or a farmer’s market, we’re not trying to be anything else,” says market manager Andy Janes.
- Everybody into the pool – for free – The City of Surrey has eight outdoor pools – and they’re all free.
- Park Play brings fun and games to dozens of Surrey parks – The official opening of Surrey’s newest park doubles as a launch event for a summer-long program that aims to keep kids entertained.
- Ten cool events to hit when the weather is hot – Local calendar is filled with go-to happenings in June, July and August.
- Live music, giant chessboard make for ‘Troubadour Saturdays’ in Newton – BIA-backed event aims to ‘bring people out – a couple at a time.’
- If you’re a summer cyclist, this is the city for you – Surrey and North Delta have plenty of bicycle trails for everybody from the casual pedaler to the daredevil trail hound.