Several locals were among the 68 students who showed off their award-winning projects at BCIT’s Innovation Exploration.
The event provide students an opportunity to explore post-secondary and career possibilities available in science and technology and to meet and network with leaders in B.C.’s science and technology community.
The South Fraser students and their award-winning projects included:
• Tyler Tardi (Sunrise Ridge Elementary): Go Green with R.E.D. (Rain Energy Device);
• Lloyd James (Semiahmoo Secondary): Cells and Stock Markets: Defining, Quantifying and Applying Complexity;
• Nancy Li and Holly Hadley (Seaquam Secondary): Remember That?;
• David Shorey (Kwantlen Park Secondary): The First Advantage;
• Lauren Laturnus (Devon Gardens Elementary) Electronic Pollution South Fraser; and
• Shakti Ramkumar (Kwantlen Park Secondary): Hybrid House: Building Energy Efficiency by Working With Nature.