Does organizing numbers give you a sense of calm? Can you read debits and credits like you read a good book?
Front-line workers have been getting a lot of praise lately — and rightly so — but let’s not forget that behind every front-line hero is an accountant making sure everyone gets paid!
If you’re hunting for a new career in a stable field, the CDI College Accounting and Payroll Administrator program can be your fresh start! Once you’ve earned your diploma, take your skills to a medium or large organization, public or private, and help keep employees paid and expenses covered. Or use your new knowledge to run your own business even better.
“The main difference in my life, now that I’ve graduated, is that I have hope for the future,” says Darren, a recent graduate of the Accounting and Payroll Administrator program at CDI College.
CDI College Accounting & Payroll Administrator program
The 41-week Accounting and Payroll Administrator program from CDI College prepares you to play a key role in any business. Classes are starting soon, and the program is offered with blended online and on-campus delivery. The program includes a five-week practicum where you’ll gain valuable real-world experience, plus a wide range of classes from expert instructors:
- Business fundamentals: Office skills, business software including Word and Excel, and writing skills to communicate effectively in modern office settings.
- Bookkeeping and financial accounting: Constructing financial statements, tracking transactions and understanding the fundamentals of using accounting to report business activity. Students will learn to use Sage 50 and QuickBooks for computerized accounting.
- Payroll: Learn and apply payroll legislation, calculate individual payroll and complete year-end documents.
- Human resources: Working in accounting and payroll administration requires discretion as well as math skills, so the CDI College program includes instruction in all aspects of human resources, from hiring to performance appraisal.
- Income tax: An introductory course that equips you to prepare simple individual tax returns, offers a foundation for advanced studies.
At the end of the program you’ll have a diploma and meet key requirements for the Canadian Payroll Association Certified Payroll Management Program. If the CDI College program leaves you wanting more, credits from this program can count towards a Bachelor of Business Administration through the CDI College pathway partnership with Yorkville University.