Want help with your nutrition plan? Battling chronic pain or other health issues? Working to reach your fitness goals? The Health and Wellness Show (THAWS) is the perfect place to speak with experts and find new inspiration!
THAWS returns to Tradex in Abbotsford March 14 and 15 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. There are 200 exhibitors to inspire you and help you reach your goals.
Check out vendors showcasing natural bath and body care products, earth-friendly cleaning options, healthy food ideas and other exciting items to help you lead a healthy life. You’ll also find a range of services including personalized eating plans, financial care, personal training, exercise classes, chiropractic care, naturopathic options and more!
“If you’re in a rut with your eating and exercise, we have professionals on-site to help you feel inspired and excited about making positive changes,” says Shara Mendoza, event co-ordinator. Guests can take advantage of a free nutritional consultation by stopping by the Holistic Health and Vitality booth with their questions.
“We encourage everyone to come try something new! Sometimes something simple like a new set of stretches, a healthy afternoon snack option, or a fun activity can energize you and add joy to your day,” she says. “The show even has free hair and makeup makeovers by Salon Picasso to help you try a new look while at the show.”
THAWS has something for everyone!
- Sweat and Shred: Celebrity Fitness Trainer Tommy Europe is back with an inspiring new keynote called The Fountain of Youth: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind. You can register online for his Sweat and Shred Bootcamp to squeeze some fun fitness into your weekend!
- Teens and Tech: If you’re a parent of tweens or teens, you’re probably already worried about the psychological effects of technology. So you won’t want to miss Kim Laureen’s talk Loneliness in the Social Media Age at 2 p.m. Saturday, to get tricks for teaching your teens about technology.
- Healthy Eats Cooking Stage: The Show has added a second stage, all about healthy eating! You won’t want to miss celebrity chef and former Dragon Vikram Vij teaching his Indian Inspired Healthy Cooking Demo, and plenty of other great cooking classes too!
- Family Medicine: Sisters Dr. Shahana Alibhai MD and Dr. Shabita Teja ND blend the best of traditional medicine and naturopathic medicine. Listen to their talk Sunday at 12 p.m.
- Check your hearing: Connect Hearing is offering free hearing health checks at the show! Sound connects you to the world around you; check your hearing to maintain the connection with the things you love.
- Prizes: Stop by the prize table for a chance to win $500 Grand Prizes from Earthwise Society, VanGuard Roofing and Nature’s Fare. You can also win a $2000 trampoline from Springfree Trampoline! Pick up your welcome bags, free samples, and information at the Welcome Table.
- Fun for the whole family: The young and young-at-heart can try rock climbing with Project Climbing Centre, and kids can burn off energy at the bouncy house by Fraser Valley Party Rentals. Don’t forget face painting! There are plenty of opportunities to try something new.
Tickets are $8 until March 13 at eventbrite.ca, or $12 at the door. Fraser Health volunteers and staff get in for free when they show their Fraser Health ID, and kids 12 and under are free!