Fabulous local art in its many forms – showcased for free – brings the Arts Alive in downtown Langley this Saturday.
Hosted by the Downtown Langley Business Association, the 24th annual Arts Alive Festival showcases the talents of more than 200 visual and performing artists this Saturday, Aug. 19. Sculptors, painters, jewellery designers and others will meet and greet arts lovers from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. along Fraser Highway between 204 and 206 streets.
1. Showcase local artists. Judy Pohl, who creates large-scale outdoor murals, window paintings and chalkboards for local businesses, says Arts Alive is the premier event in Langley to showcase local artists, many who offer their works for sale during the event. “The festival supports the art community,’ Pohl says. “And it’s really nice to get out in the community and meet other artists and residents.”
2. Build connections. Featured Langley artist Verna Brown is among the 200 artists participating in the Arts Alive Festival this year. Arts Alive is “a bright, busy, local, fun event for everyone,” she says. “Since I am an artist, it’s a special attraction for me to see other art and visit other artists… Langley residents, vendors, service and visitors alike have so much to offer and this event kind of puts them all together in one spot for us to access.”
3. Be entertained. Sit back and tap your toes to some of BC’s most talented musicians. Live music entertains throughout the day in McBurney Plaza and in all, more than a dozen different performances are scheduled over three festivals areas. For the detailed entertainment schedule visit artsalivefestival.com
4. Family-friendly fun. An event for the whole family, the younger set will enjoy free bouncy castles, crafts, balloon twisters and face-painting, plus entertainment from Andrew Christopher, Rossi and others. And don’t miss the Opus Chalk Art Gallery, an opportunity to try your hand at chalk art.
5. Local supporting local. Helping the Downtown Langley Business Association bring the 24th annual Arts Alive Festival to downtown Langley are a host of sponsors, including the City of Langley, Westminster Savings, BCLC and Royal LePage Realtor Don Tebbutt – come celebrate Langley’s local artists!
Learn more at artsalivefestival.com.
The Downtown Langley Business Association supports a vibrant downtown Langley, a pedestrian-oriented shopping area home to more than 500 unique shops, services and restaurants.