Here’s the latest on the COVID-19 pandemic in Surrey, White Rock and beyond for Monday, May 11. This will be updated as information becomes available:
• The City of White Rock has approved the creation of a new mural, which will honour the work front-line workers are doing during the COVID-19 crisis.
• The federal government announced a plan Monday to help large- and medium-sized businesses that have been negatively affected by the pandemic.
• More COVID-19 restrictions are being lifted across the country, beginning with Ontario an Quebec.
• Some urban planners predict that the current pandemic may cause cities to rethink the way they evolve and grow, after years of focusing on higher-density centres.
• BC Hydro has seen a 10 per cent dip in electricity demand.
• Physical-distancing guidelines changed Mother’s Day traditions for many families.
• ‘Go back to the old way’ urge some First Nation leaders during the COVID-19 pandemic.