Surrey Fire Department is investigating following a small blaze at a South Surrey pub Monday.
Assistant fire Chief Chris Keon said firefighters were alerted to the fire at Sawbucks Pub (1626 152 St.) at approximately 2:45 a.m. April 25 by mall security staff at Semiahmoo Shopping Centre.
“It was a small fire, it was struck (extinguished) within 10 minutes,” Keon said.
Cause of the blaze – which, according to a report, was coming out of an exhaust fan – has not been determined.
No injuries were reported.
While a spokesperson could not be reached, pub visitors have been told the business will be closed for “a couple weeks” as a result, according to area residents.