CLAYTON — Two homes in the Clayton Heights area were damaged by fire early Thursday morning (June 8).
Ron Davis, a music teacher at Panorama Ridge Secondary, and his wife live in one of the houses, in the 18400-block of 63A Ave.
“My wife and I are out safely but our house is partly gone. It’s pretty shocking,” David told the Now-Leader.
The fire apparently started near a shed located between the two houses.
Fire crews arrived to find the shed fire spreading to both homes and requested a second alarm, according to a freelance photographer at the scene.
The blaze forced out residents of both homes, according to Davis, who is retiring at month’s end.
“I’m booked off school for a couple of days because we have to figure out life now, what we’re going to do next here,” Davis said. “There’s a lot of damage, a couple of rooms upstairs and the garage, part of it, and there’s smoke and water damage, too.
“We’ll see what the insurance has to say and we’ll probably stay at a hotel, and we could bunk at our sons’ – both of them live nearby, so that’s an option,” he added.