A fire that tore through a North Surrey home left five people with nowhere to live in the short term.
And they won’t be able to celebrate Christmas at home.
At about 1 a.m. Tuesday, a fire ripped through a home in the 12500-block of 90 Avenue.
All residents were able to make it out of the house safely.
“The fire was in the rear of the residence, so the crews knocked the fire down, but it started to travel in the floor between the first and second floor,” Surrey Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Reo Jerome told CBC News.
It was expected the family would be staying with neighbours or relatives.
The fire is still under investigation.
~with files from CBC News