Police closed the Port Mann Bridge in both directions due to a “distraught” person late Tuesday night.
RCMP say the ordeal ended with one person being taken into custody and that no one was hurt.
A Tuesday night RCMP release said “police responded to a complaint of a person requiring assistance” and “as a result of the complaint, police were required to shut down Highway 1 at both ends of the Port Mann Bridge for the safety of the travelling public.”
According to a release, Surrey RCMP were on scene around 10:22 p.m.
At 11 p.m., police issued another release saying the incident had been resolved but that the bridge would remain closed until the investigation was complete.
Shortly after, DriveBC reported the bridge had re-opened to traffic.
— Drive BC (@DriveBC) April 25, 2018
Wednesday morning, Surrey RCMP Corporal Elenore Sturko said police “assisted a distraught person.”
She would not confirm the individual’s gender.
“The person was safely apprehended and transported to hospital,” Sturko added.
Surrey RCMP says they won’t be providing any more details.