A man charged in connection with a brawl involving a busload of high school graduates in 2012 has been ordered to stand trial.
Emmannuel Dario is charged with three counts of aggravated assault. His trial was ordered after a two-day preliminary hearing in Surrey Provincial Court. There is a publication ban on evidence from preliminary hearings.
Surrey RCMP said the fight occurred when a chartered bus carrying about 50 men and women in their late teens stopped at a gas station in Cloverdale. Several of the youth had gotten off the bus and a confrontation occurred with two men in a car that was driving through the area, police said. Dario was allegedly driving the car.
Police said the car was damaged and the men got out of the vehicle and began to fight with some of the bus passengers, many of whom had been drinking. Dario was slashed across the chest, said police, before he allegedly grabbed a board and swung it at the group, striking and injuring at least three people.
Dario’s next court date is set for Feb. 6, 2014.