ATTENTION ALL TAXPAYERS
2023 Property Tax Notices have been mailed. If you have not received your tax notice, please contact Property & Payment Services at 604-591-4181 immediately. Property owners are responsible for payment of property taxes even if the tax notice has not been received.
2023 Property Taxes are due July 4, 2023. A 5% penalty will be added to the 2023 property taxes remaining unpaid after July 4, 2023, and a further 5% penalty will be added after September 5, 2023.
New Owners: You are responsible for payment of the 2023 property taxes by the due date of July 4, 2023 in order to avoid penalty charges.
Home Owner Grant: A payment is not required to claim the home owner grant. Eligible owners must apply for the home owner grant each year through the Province of BC at gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant or by calling 1-888-355-2700.
• Pay your property taxes using online banking with your financial institution (allow 3 business days for your financial institution to process this payment)
• Sign up for e-billing at surrey.ca/mypropertyaccounts to receive your next notice by email. You can also view tax, utility and dog account information using this service.
You can also pay in person by cheque, debit or cash:
• At City Hall, located at 13450 104 Ave, open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
• At the Surrey Operations Centre at 6651 148 St, open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 3:30pm, closed between 12:30pm to 1:00pm. Parking is limited at this location.
Additional drop off locations for Property Tax cheque payments:
• Mailbox on P1 parkade level at City Hall
• Mail slot on the south side of City Hall (plaza area)
Note: Payments received in the drop boxes after midnight on the due date will be subject to applicable penalties.