Re: “Open fire an enjoyable experience, “Letters, The Leader, Nov. 20.
Not when you have people who never have their chimney cleaned, burn household garbage and kitchen waste, and burn the stinking fire all night long to save on heating costs.
Wood fireplaces should all be banned as most are safety hazards and air polluters.
We sleep with a window open at night and since early November we’ve had to shut it as neighbourhood fireplace smoke and stench wafts in. I feel for anyone with respiratory problems.
If smoke from someone else’s property invades my space I should be able to report it and have the fireplace shut down.
J. Ralph, Delta