- Candy canes to Amy Reid. I am sad to see her leaving the Now-Leader. I have enjoyed and been motivated by Amy’s contributions over the years. I have even on occasion commended her to her editor. Roses and blessings to her as she moves to the Phoenix Society. Amy is truly following her heart and we as a community/society stand to gain. I will name my newly propagated rose bush… Amy!
- Candy canes to the crane operators for lighting up their cranes to brighten the long, dark nights. The cranes are part of the skyline in Surrey City Centre for the foreseeable future.
- Candy canes to Surrey maintenance crew that manicured bushes on west side of 168th Street between 84th and 86th Avenues. Looks much improved. Thanks.
- Candy canes for Charlene and a solid local business recommendation to Surrey Midas in Clayton. She is always helpful, polite, and efficient. This week she went above and beyond in helping out in a tough (and embarrassing) situation. Thank you Charlene for making a bad morning better.
- Candy canes to Save-On Foods for its new, and COVID-appropriate, TV ad showing a family of four around the Christmas dinner table instead of their usual 12-plus.
- Grateful candy canes to CIBC Visa for having my back! I stupidly fell for an unscrupulous scam on the internet, giving my credit card information to purchase a “trial” product for a minimal price. Then before I knew it, they had charged my card twice for an exorbitant amount for more product that I didn’t want and didn’t order. When I contacted the company, to whom I would like to extend buckets of coal, they refused to give me a refund and claimed that they wouldn’t accept a return of the unwanted product because of COVID. I told my sorry story to the reps at CIBC Visa and they promptly reversed the charges from this company, of whom they were familiar. That’s what I call customer service!
- Coal to Surrey Mayor Doug McCallum for filling up his city-owned vehicle at the city works yard. That is our taxpayer dollars you’re taking Doug McCallum. It’s high time for you to go.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram and follow us on Twitter
Roses and Rotten TomatoesSurrey