Enough about cyclists already. They need to be licensed and regulated just like vehicles. This is what I propose:
• Annual licence fee of $100. Before cyclists get the licence, the bike should be inspected to make sure it is safe and meets all safety regulations (see below).
• Rear mudguards on all bicycles. Should have reflective stripes on the rear guard so that the cyclist can be seen at night.
• Front light:. Most cyclists still do not have any lights in the front. They all need to have light in the front.
• Horn / bell on the handlebar to warn pedestrians.
• Must flow with the traffic, not against it. In other words, keep right.
• Safety helmets to be worn at all times
With these few safety standards, all will be safe on the roads.