Let’s reflect on Surrey Mayor Linda Hepner’s election promises and her first year in office:
- Broke her election promise to reduce crime, – violent crime has increased 40 per cent so far this year.
- Broke her election promise to have 100 new police officers this year.
- Broke her election promise to have LRT up and running by 2018, regardless if the transit referendum failed.
- Broke her election promise to not increase taxes – rather, she added a $100 cultural and recreation levy just after the election. Taxes will likely increase again next year.
- Broke her election promise to listen, engage and be accountable to the residents. Hepner has been mostly invisible, as she has spent most of the year hiding from the media.
Regrettably, we have another three years under Hepner and her “Developers First” party.
But I have a feeling she won’t last her term.
Sandip Sandhu, Surrey