- Bunches of tear-stained blue roses to Superstore on 104 Avenue for respectfully lowering their flags to half mast in honour of the Humboldt crash victims – and to any other establishments that did the same.
- Lovely roses also to the Sabharwal brothers for taking the initiative of making the Vaisakhi celebration Styrofoam free, and more roses to all others who take up the challenge to try to help protect our environment. Are you listening, fast food places that shall remain unnamed?
- A big bouquet of roses to the newly built, condos, townhouses, refurbished, businesses and homes that care to keep their area and surrounding area clean, washed, swept and kept in Cloverdale. This is a place that I would like to live in and support. Rotten tomatoes to the many others who just don’t seem to care. You don’t need to spend lots of money – it just takes a little soap, paint and effort. Start telling some of the businesses that you will not support them because of this.
- Rotten tomatoes to the gentleman who wrote in this space last week that he believes people are using disability parking passes fraudulently. Really. In this day and age sir, disability doesn’t always mean physical limitations. Also, a person may have terrible back issues but can still walk fine. I assure that doctors don’t give out cards just willy nilly. I think you should probably be a bit more compassionate when it comes to this. And start giving out roses instead of rotten tomatoes, starting with your lovely wife. She deserves it.
- A bouquet of roses to the person who brought up the subject of disabled parking passes. However, I must point out that some disabilities are “silent” like kidney dialysis patients, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) knee and hip replacement patients, chemo patients, MS patients. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.
- To the person who complained last week about disabled parking passes – the people who require these permits have limitations that must be met before any doctor in B.C. will agree to filling an application to use one. There are many subjective medical conditions that people can struggle with and they may appear to be in perfect health. Ignorance from others doesn’t help the situation for those that are suffering with injuries/illnesses when they’re simply parking a vehicle they need to do simple errands.
- In reply to the person who mentioned people parking in handicap spots when they are not disabled – there are invisible handicaps like heart patients etc. Do not be so quick to judge. My late husband had a very bad heart and was often asked, “why are you parking in the handicapped spot?”
- Rotten tomatoes to teachers for piling so much homework onto students that they have no time to play and enjoy the outdoors anymore. Shame on you! First, you tell students to get off their phones and be social, but then you give them so much homework that they close themselves up in their rooms and are antisocial.
- Rotten tomatoes to people who smoke at bus stops and outside mall entrances. Just because you’re outside, it doesn’t mean that you’re not offending someone. Not to mention that it’s still bad for those of us who are breathing it in.
- Rotten tomatoes to people who talk ridiculously loud in the library. Libraries are supposed to be places of peace and quiet. I don’t know how or where you ignorant folks were raised but I was brought up to have manners and respect for other people. This isn’t the jungle where you can holler all day long. And more rotten tomatoes to some of the librarians who are too lazy to enforce the rules. Thanks a lot.
- Big rotten tomatoes to the BC government. You give support to kids who have ADHD – I am not saying that is was wrong but how about looking at kids with Type 1 Diabetes and the support we need from the school system and the government?
- A big expired bag full of tomatoes go out to the rude man who told me to hurry up when I was trying to tap out when I was exiting Lincoln station to go to Coquitlam mall. You’re not the only one who uses the compass machines, so learn to have some patience!
- Rotten tomatoes to parents who let their kids do whatever they want – including hitting and biting others.
- Roses to our neighbour for helping us with our new carpet, crown moldings and beautiful laminate floor in the hallway! Thank you for all your hard work and kindness!
- Roses to our beautiful and amazing daughter on her recent 13th birthday! Hard to believe we have a teen in the house already (mind you, sometimes it’s easy to forget you’re only 13 – and not 16!)
- Rotten tomatoes to people who jump to conclusions and form their strong opinions before getting all the facts and doing their research.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram and follow us on Twitter