- Red roses to my friend and neighbour MaryAnn and an unknown lady who came to our assistance when my husband fell in our garage. You made a difficult situation much easier to bear. Thank you so much.
- Roses to the lady who paid for a $4 stuffed animal that my granddaughter bought for her dad who was sick with the flu. My granddaughter went in with enough money to buy a ginger ale for dad but decided he should have this ‘stuffie’ as well. She asked the Dollarama cashier if she had enough money, the cashier said ‘sorry, no.’ The lady next in the lineup stepped forward and paid for the ‘stuffie.’ What a special lesson you showed my grandchild.
- Roses to BC Hydro on the recent planned pole replacement completed in our neighbourhood. You alerted residents by e-mail and snail-mail and even alerted us well in advance to the re-scheduling of the work to a week later. Although it was inconvenient to be without power on a cold day, it came on at 4:33 – only three minutes later than planned. Thanks for caring enough to keep us well informed and thanks for your speedy work.
- Slimy rotten tomatoes to Mayor Hepner and city council for wanting to turn beautiful parkland into a road through Hawthorne Park. In the process you have failed to listen to the public, failed to conduct a proper democratic review and have failed to uphold the city’s commitment to the environment – all so you can build a useless toy train set no one wants. Also, rotten tomatoes to the developers eagerly waiting to feed at the mayor’s table and to the federal and provincial representatives who have kept conspicuously silent.
- Rotten tomatoes to the lazy people who refuse to clean up leaves on 91A Avenue. It’s hard enough walking with all the cars parallel parked, let alone all the disgusting leaves. Just because it’s a city tree doesn’t mean you just ignore them.
Roses and Rotten Tomatoes