- Rotten tomatoes to the Grinch who stole my hearing aids on Christmas Eve in the parking lot of a shopping centre at 96th Avenue and Scott Road. Then, you handed me the empty case in an attempt to get close enough to snatch my purse – no success there! A warning to my fellow little old ladies who walk in public with a cane and visible purse – beware of an approaching stranger.
- Rotten tomatoes to the new North Surrey Sports and Ice Complex. You’ve had ample time to install heat, finish the gym area and open a concession stand but you have done nothing since it opened in September. Not to mention the horrible black net that’s impossible to see through when trying to watch a hockey game. Get it together City of Surrey!
- Many red roses to Santa for his visits to Surrey Memorial Hospital and other hospitals before Christmas (with the help of B.C. Ambulance Service helicopters). Your visit and the smiles it brings are the best gifts ever. The joy you bring to the patients is certainly appreciated.
- Roses to our Mayor Doug McCallum. It was nice to go to city hall recently to pay a bill without paying for parking. You just have to register your licence plate when you get off elevator. Did the previous mayor think of that?
- Roses to the driver of the little white car who was honking at me. I was driving my little blue car on Highway 15 around 7 a.m. in the pitch dark in December. I had no idea what you were beeping about until somebody else came up behind me and quickly flashed their high beams a few times. The high-beam flashing made me check my headlights and I realized I hadn’t turned them on. Because of a catastrophic car accident, the little blue car is brand new to me and with the brightness of its daytime running lights, I didn’t realize that I had not turned on the lights fully and that my car was invisible from behind. Thank you for your concern and I apologize for not understanding what you meant.
- Rotten tomatoes to dog owners who use Bear Creek dog park and don’t pick up after their dog. Stay out if it is too much for you.
- Rotten tomatoes for any business that has living plants and do not water them. If you cannot water them for whatever reason donate to a church and get artificial plants.
- Rotten tomatoes to Surrey council. I live in Newton, where every home has at least four to six cars. Now Surrey wants to allow tractor trailers to park in some neighbourhoods.
- Rotten tomatoes to the people who decided to charge ridiculous amounts of money to park at our hospitals and other medical facilities. I also noticed TransLink has increased the amount of tax charged for parking. Did you know there are taxes attached to the already crazy fees? Prepare to pay more. Someone needs to do something about this.
- Rotten tomatoes to all the homeowners who won’t turn on the porch light in the early evening so delivery people can see the trip hazards.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram and follow us on Twitter
Roses and Rotten TomatoesSurrey