- Red roses to Steven Pettigrew for his enormous efforts to save Hawthorne Park. I am full of admiration for you and all the people who have been fighting to save this beautiful piece of green space. I am with you, and I hope that in the end justice will prevail.
- Fragrant red roses to the people who brought the Christmas spirit to the Tynehead Park by decorating at least, if I am correct, 10 trees throughout the park. This made me remember what this country used to be about when I immigrated here over 30 years ago. I truly appreciate your effort.
- Rotten tomatoes to the Surrey parks staffer who tried to ban us from decorating a few trees in the spirit of Christmas! Park regulars have been decorating a few trees in Tynehead Park for years now, and suddenly, parks put up signs that said, in a nutshell, that we should refrain from doing so! The few trees are decorated with care and respect for the trees and environment. Bah Humbug to the parks staff who tried to take away our Christmas spirit. See you next year, with bells on!
- Tons of rotten tomatoes to Linda Hepner and the city council for destroying the democratic process in Surrey. Your public hearings are a farce. Your obsession with the LRT that no one wants, and your obstinate determination to destroy Hawthorne Park are despicable. You’ve taken your position for granted, and it’s high time you left your positions.
- Roses for the RCMP officer who called me back to update me on a bylaw infraction I reported. It is an offence to solicit people in vehicles at lights or when parked. A few “beg packers” set up near my home. The woman who took my call at the non-emergency line was cold and less than helpful. Roses to the officer who responded to the call. He sounded as if he treated these folks with respect while moving them off the middle of the road for safety. Asked me to call back any time I see them in the streets. Thank you, Surrey RCMP.
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter