- Big, fragrant roses to the Surrey Now-Leader for the wonderful and heart-warming edition for Christmas. Your stories of the kind, caring and generous people who made Christmas happy for others were wonderful and your editorial on Christmas was food for thought.
- Roses and hugs to Santa, who visited the sick children at Surrey Memorial Hospital in December. Words cannot describe how happy the children of all ages were with his wonderful visit. Their faces lit up and they were so excited and happy! We love you Santa!
- Roses to the couple who helped us start our boat at the dock. You guys are beautiful people. Thank you for your kindness. God bless you.
- Belated roses to the dark-haired young man in the silver vehicle who gave me a ride home with all my groceries before Christmas when I was stuck at Guildford Superstore unable to get a taxi. It was cold, wet and dark. I was alone, had no phone and becoming frightened. This dear man even gave me chocolate. Thanks from a very grateful lady!
- Rotten tomatoes to the person/people who stole one of the big bird feeders at the Surrey Nature Centre. They have been there for several years (thanks to we, the taxpayers). And for the first time, someone has chosen to make it their own. Have you no idea how many families/children learn about these birds as they are feeding? This is part of the beautiful Green Timbers park. Please use your conscience and return the feeder. Did you also take the suet feeder at the same time? Shame on you.
z Rotten tomatoes to those who dishonoured the Hawthorne Park vigil site which is marking the death of democracy in the City of Surrey. May the potted plants you absconded with – every time you look at them – remind you of what a sacrilege you’ve performed.