- A beautiful red rose to the older security person at the Surrey passport office who kindly lent me his cell phone. It seems Telus isn’t doing well and can’t afford to put at least one pay phone in the Central City Mall – so rotten tomatoes to them.
- A bouquet of roses for the City of Surrey. As I was driving along Fraser Highway between 148th Street and 168th Street, I noticed the beautiful flowering shades of pink bushes all along the meridian. It was truly a beautiful sight. “Life is full of beauty. Notice it.”
- Roses go out to the wonderful fresh street market staff members for giving me a discount on an item that was in the wrong section. You are amazing and please keep up the fantastic work you’re doing.
- Roses to the parents of the young girl who accepted responsibility and gave us the $300 deductible after their daughter smashed our windshield with a rock. In today’s day and age, it seems likely that many parents would find a way to shirk the responsibility and steer the blame away from their entitled, blameless child. I wouldn’t put it past some parents in that situation to blame the car for being parked where it was.
Email your Roses to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rotten tomatoes to the people who planned the route to Vancouver Landfill in Delta. It’s now a gong show getting there via Highway 99 from Surrey or North Delta. You must drive all the way to the tunnel via the Ladner exit, loop back on the freeway and, once at the dump, do it all in reverse to get home. Brutal! Please fix this with an off-ramp near the landfill!
- Rotten tomatoes to parents who feel there is nothing wrong with children playing sports in the laneways by people’s homes instead of parks that are five minutes away. Roadways are for cars, not for playing.
- Rotten tomatoes to the drivers in South Surrey (and there are many of you) who think yielding to pedestrians when the walk sign is white doesn’t apply to them.
- Rotten tomatoes to the annoying person who keeps honking at me while I’m waiting for the bus. Whoever you are, please stop it already. It’s getting on my last nerve.
- Rotten tomatoes to rude customers!
- Rotten tomatoes to driving schools that take their insecure students out into the thick of rush hour, adding to the aggravation. Especially the big trucks. Surely they can choose a better time.
Email your Rotten Tomatoes to email@example.com