- Red roses to the people to the massive trash bin that is placed outside my building every year. Finally, a place where everyone can dump unwanted household junk. Rotten tomatoes to the people who think it’s fair to fill up half of it with their belongings, taking up valuable space that should be shared with everyone.
- Rotten tomatoes to the mayor for refusing to allow both Uber and cannabis dispensaries in Surrey. Cannabis has been legalized for a few years now and is regulated. And Uber offers way better customer service than the current taxi industry. What kind of backwards way of thinking is this? Come on! We’re in the 21st Century! Either get with the times or go live in the past.
- Roses to the kind and caring people who stopped to help the young deer who had been hit on 16th Avenue – and to the drivers who slowed down and the city workers who responded. It was heartbreaking to see this animal suffer and succumb to its injuries. May it be a reminder to drive carefully and watch for wildlife.
- Rotten tomatoes to the 77 per cent of Surrey residents who did not vote. Now we have a mayor who is not going to re-open libraries, pools, gyms, ice rinks and more as the mayor needs money for his police.
- Rotten smelly tomatoes to all these whiners throwing personal attacks toward Mayor Doug McCallum. At least he’s actually getting things done, unlike the previous mayor and council who talked a tough game but took no action whatsoever. There’s a reason why Surrey First was voted out of office once and for all.
- Bouquets of roses to each and every one at Fleetwood Dollar Max for their early, effective diligence and adherence to COVID-19 precautions. Their no-nonsense protocols, leadership and guidance has been second to none since the onset of this pandemic. These are the kind of take-charge people that we look to in times such as this. We are ever so grateful for their good works in our community.
- Rotten tomatoes to the protest group hell bent on keeping the RCMP in Surrey. Stop obsessing and get a life. Do petitions really work? Who even has time for this sort of nonsense? Please stop shoving your bumper stickers and lawn signs in my face. Your fear propaganda has reached the point of harassment, so if any of you show up at my doorstep and try to bully me with your scare tactics, I’m going to report you to the police myself and have you removed. You are not welcome at my home.
- Rotten tomatoes to the neighbour(s) who STILL feel it’s OK to snort and hock a loogie on the sidewalk as they walk by the front of our place. Even before COVID-19, it wasn’t acceptable. Stop being so disgusting and show some respect for your neighbours (not to mention their pets who might step in it).
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram and follow us on Twitter
Roses and Rotten TomatoesSurrey