- A beautiful long-stemmed rose to the young lady who came to my rescue. I was near tears trying to pay for my parking at the Scott Road station. I was using my debit card and the sign did say credit card payment only!
- Roses to the wonderful, thoughtful people who give up their seats for me on the SkyTrain. Thank you so much.
- Roses to the Hillcrest neighbour for confronting the parents of the kids who play in the lane. She is absolutely right. The lane is for cars and is not a playground. Rotten tomatoes to that Hillcrest neighbour who thinks it is OK to berate neighbours. It is disgraceful that you think your abusive behaviour is setting a great example for your kids. Your children are not young and the park is 10 houses away from you. That is where your kids should play.
- Roses to the my 10-year-old son’s friends in Cloverdale who are polite, kind and supportive of each other in their classes and on the ball field.
- Roses to Beau Simpson for his excellent articles about Brent Burgher. It’s good to hear that he is so positive and able to overcome such difficulties. It’s a lesson for us all.
- Roses to volunteer sports coaches who don’t put their own egos before the development of the young athletes.
Email your Roses to email@example.com
- Rotten tomatoes to motorists who still insist on texting behind the wheel, endangering not only themselves but those around them. Do the rules not apply to you? Don’t think for a second that when you put your phone down, we can’t tell what you’re up to. Is sending that message really worth risking a life?
- Rotten tomatoes to selfish people who do not appreciate what others do for them!
- Rotten tomatoes to the person who shoved a girl and called her names and accused her for being rude on the 320 bus just because she wouldn’t move. It’s called saying, “excuse me.”
- Rotten tomatoes to the motorcyclist who ran a red light. If a police car caught you and fined you you wouldn’t be laughing! You’re lucky you didn’t get hit.
- Rotten tomatoes to the mayors’ council for trying to come up with some new taxes to pay for transit again. They never give up after being defeated on a vote that said no to more taxes. What part of “no” don’t you understand?
- Rotten tomatoes to slobs who drop their trash anywhere instead of making the small effort to put it in a trash bin.
- Rotten tomatoes to the neighbour who wakes up the neighbourhoood at 5 a.m. with their squeaky garage door and loud, whiny fan belt. Please fix those things!
Email your Rotten Tomatoes to firstname.lastname@example.org