• Roses to this police transition chaos. I have never worked in law enforcement, so I have no say in the transition, but I get a kick out of watching the clown show. It’s quite entertaining!
• Rotten tomatoes to Coun. Linda Annis. She is concerned about flying flags from other nations at city hall. What about other problems in Surrey? Like a Surrey pool being renovated for millions of dollars, now it is closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Our community gardens in Newton are abandoned. Potholes from winter are still not repaired in many streets.
• A big load of rotten tomatoes to the property manager at our complex for turning off the heat to our building while the temperature dips down to 9 degrees at night.
• A bouquet of roses to the team who responds to EngOpsFeedback@surrey.ca. Whether it is illegally dumped roadside garbage, overgrown sidewalks or missing traffic signage, this team always seems to get the job done and get the problem resolved.
• Rotten tomatoes to people who always depend on me to call police. It’s not my job. If you are the one being victimized, then it’s your responsibility to contact them yourself. You know what to do.
• Roses to smart people who actually use common sense.
• Rotten tomatoes to politicians who blame each other over issues like crime and health care. Would it kill for them to work together to find solutions instead of acting like a bunch of kids in the schoolyard? How juvenile.