- Roses to the young gentleman working at Sherwin Williams on King George Boulevard who helped a confused 83-year-old woman (myself) who stumbled into the shop asking for help. I had been dropped off at the wrong address when going for an appointment at the eye clinic and had forgotten that the clinic had moved. I stupidly decided to walk from 104th Avenue to 96th Street when I had a low sugar count (type 1 diabetic). I had no money on me and no cell phone, so I entered the first shop I saw. The young gentleman there very kindly looked after me and called a taxi and talked to me while I waited. When the taxi came he escorted me out to it. I have great hope for the future if we have more young people like him.
- Roses to Ivan Scott and the “Keep RCMP in Surrey” movement. Your tenacity and passion are fantastic. City Hall should take a page from your book on how to actually represent the democratic wishes of the people of Surrey.
- Rotten tomatoes to the writer who complained about those who are protesting against the mayor’s push to replace the RCMP with a local force. First off, we don’t know who this person is so I really don’t believe that any one of us has shoved any signs in his face or put any bumper stickers on his car. We simply hold events and people show up to get their own signs and bumper stickers and sign the petition. And yes, we have lives. We freely give our time for a cause that we believe will save the City of Surrey taxpayer a ton of money and prevent a disaster from happening.
- Rotten tomatoes to the City of Surrey for not following up on illegal suites, illegal building and dumping that is done in the city. People need to be held accountable for their actions and the damage that they are doing. Why even have a department for complaints when nothing is done?
- Rotten tomatoes to the jerk in one of the townhouse complexes on Fleetwood Way who blasts an airhorn during the 7 p.m. “applause for healthcare workers” every night! It’s one thing to clang pots or shake bells, but the airhorn freaks out my pets, and gives me severe anxiety. Clang your pots if you’re so into thanking healthcare workers.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram and follow us on Twitter
Roses and Rotten TomatoesSurrey
Create a free account today, and start receiving free newsletters.