- A big bunch of roses to the Surrey RCMP for stepping up and getting involved in the anti-bullying flash mob at Tamanawis Secondary last week. Thank you for all you do in our schools and our community!
- Two dozen roses to all our wonderful neighbours who shovelled their own sidewalks and those of our elderly neighbours during the last stint of winter weather. A team effort for safe walking!
- Roses to the people you are with over a coffee or meal and give you undivided attention. Most people cannot get to their cell phone fast enough to check a text. This sends a clear and negative message to the person you are with that the text is more important.
- A bouquet of roses to both ladies who stopped to help two gals in the parking lot of the Bank of Montréal on Saturday. Thank you for driving one of them home to pick up her telephone, waiting and then driving her back to the car. Such kindness and concern was very much appreciated.
- Rotten tomatoes to our new mayor in Surrey. His enforcement of city bylaws is a joke so far – especially cleaning up junk and rubbish everywhere on the city streets. People just come to Surrey to dump their old furniture on the side of the road. Across the road from me is an old couch that some renters threw out three months ago. I also see city trucks drive right by and not pick it up. Why is that anyway?
- I would like to send a big thank you and roses to the men who shovelled our cul-de-sac at 97A Avenue and 156th Street in Surrey. Each year it snows, they are there for us. Thank you!
Rotten tomatoes to the woman who panhandles in the grocery store lot in Fleetwood. This person is not homeless. She constantly harasses people and tries to put on a sob story by pretending she is homeless. She walks around with a fake limp so people feel sorry for her. For those of you who’ve been victimized, call the police. If you keep harassing anyone or myself, I will report you to the police.