- A huge bouquet of roses to all my neighbours in the Bolivar Heights area who went to the Pasta Night held at Fleetwood Park Secondary to help support dry grad. None of them even knew anyone that was graduating from there. Thank you to our wonderful neighbours.
- Roses to my neighbours on 57th Avenue for doing the best they can to make great curb appeal! Thank you for making our community the best they can be. It is nice not only to see your outcome but to see people enjoying life together.
- Roses to City of Surrey bylaws and the Newton Safety Unit teams, Community Patrol Officers, Commissionaires and Newton BIA. Your efforts are making a huge difference on our streets and we thank you. Mayor Hepner, I really hope the NSU is a permanent initiative! Finally some boots on the ground!
- The other day, a young lady limped onto the bus in tears. Turns out some jerk ran over her foot with his car and took off! I stayed with her until fire and ambulance came. I held her hand, wiped her tears rubbed her back. I hope she is OK. Roses to Mr. Bus Driver who was kind and stopped the bus, waited for her to get on and called the police, fire and ambulance. Nice job BC Transit driver, I doth my cap to you, sir. A ton of roses to you!
Email your Roses to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rotten tomatoes to the parking patrol at Surrey Memorial Hospital. Don’t you think we’re already having a crappy day if we’re at the hospital? Way to kick someone when they’re down.
- Rotten tomatoes to the BC Liberal government for taking away the yearly subsidized bus passes from the disabled that cost $45 a year and replacing them with an expensive bus pass that costs $52 a month. They’re also taking away the yearly special transportation subsidy (STS) from the disabled who can’t use transit. This government continually degrades the disabled.
- Rotten tomatoes to the rude people who come eat or smoke (or do their drugs) on our quiet cul-de-sac and leave their garbage behind!
- Rotten tomatoes to drivers who speed.
- Rotten tomatoes to Surrey mayor Hepner. I am not impressed. Crime in our neighbourhood has increased 100 per cent from last year. What good are all the new cops? Is this what Surrey residents are paying for?
- Rotten tomatoes to B.C. Premier Christy Clark for all her broken promises on family doctors – and for ignoring the embattled forest industry and workers who lose their jobs without severance pay because of loopholes in the labour code for employers.
Email your Rotten Tomatoes to email@example.com