- Long-stemmed roses to the woman who rescued the new books I lost at Tim Horton’s in Central City Shopping Centre. More roses to the man who worked so hard to rescue my car keys from my locked car last winter!
- Roses to the resilient people of Fort McMurray. You have been through a horrible ordeal but you have not let it bring you down. Always keep that strong spirit. The people of Canada are standing alongside you.
- Roses to the Surrey RCMP for attending so quickly when a culprit broke into my house and entered my bedroom Wednesday night. Their swift professionalism brought a sense of calm in a very tense situation. The Ident team worked hard the next morning to gather evidence. Thank you all.
- A lifetime of roses to the staff at Surrey Memorial Hospital pediatrics ER. I recently had to take my young son there and it was on his third birthday. Someone noticed and one of the nurses brought over a wrapped gift for him. Thank you! This act of kindness transformed a very sick boy into a happy one.
- Roses to Her Majesty Queen Victoria, wherever she is. Long live the May Long Weekend. Now it’s Elizabeth’s turn to give us a holiday!
Email your Roses to email@example.com
- Pot holes full of rotten tomatoes to the City of Surrey. Come on gang, let’s get Scott Road from 80th Avenue to 90th Avenue paved.
- A bus load of rotten tomatoes to the person who complained about TransLink giving them a wrong time. Take some responsibility and learn to look up schedules the day before. Don’t blame others. Grow up!
- Rotten tomatoes to my neighbour who thinks it is OK to drive his uninsured vehicle to work just because his 2014 decal is the same colour (green) as the 2017 decals, so he is less likely to be caught.
- Rotten tomatoes to my teacher who told me to stop texting while I was in class. I was not texting, I was on the Internet. Who are you to tell a college student to put their phone away? This is not high school!
- Rotten tomatoes to the people who told the group of children to stop playing ball because their baby wanted to sleep. It is not in the middle of night you know… And if it bothers you so much, leave!
- Rotten tomatoes to bonehead drivers who overshoot ‘Stop’ signs. Edging out into traffic won’t get you anywhere faster, except maybe the graveyard or worse yet, sending someone else there.
Email your Rotten Tomatoes to firstname.lastname@example.org