CLICK HERE to send us your submissions.
• I recently spent five days at Peace Arch Hospital after major surgery. I have to say all the nurses and the surgeon were amazing. They were kind, patient and caring. These people work long hours to provide us with care every day and I truly want to express my sincere gratitude for the exceptional care I received. Trucks loads of roses to all the staff. Thank you for all you do.
• Seventy-five roses for His Majesty King Charles on his 75th birthday on Nov. 14. Hip Hip Hooray!
• The province is interested in building more “affordable” housing, except in Surrey. Perhaps they should be more concerned about landlords who don’t look after their apartment buildings and allow them to become run down. They raise the tenants’ rent but don’t do any necessary maintenance. People are living there because they have no other choice. These “affordable housing ” buildings will be more expensive rentals and not within transit use that these tenants require. Wake up Victoria and deal with this problem so that these people can live in clean and comfortable apartments.
• I don’t mind fireworks on Halloween but to start letting them off four days before Oct. 31 and days after is upsetting. My dogs are terrified of the noises and it’s hard enough to keep them calm on Halloween. But the ones that sound like dynamite at random times of the day are very upsetting. I live in Bridgeview and my neighbours seem to let one off then a half hour later another neighbour lets one off, then another. Where are the police? They don’t patrol here anymore and with Diwali, I guess no rules apply.
• Roses to the City of Surrey for picking up the ongoing illegal dumping in the alley behind our house. I put a requisition in and two days later, it was picked up! There was a table, a chair and three large garbage bags. Every piece of garbage was picked up as well. Animals had made a mess going through it. Thank you for your prompt service.