- A big bouquet of roses to the person who wrote in the Nov. 8th issue about stores not putting up Christmas decorations before Remembrance Day. Right on! The same request should be directed to individual homeowners. Your neighbours get tired of looking at your display for so many weeks. Don’t you?
- Roses to the person who turned in my mom’s change purse at Langley Costco. She is 88 years old and dropped it by the food window. I was parking the car and when I reached her she was very upset, thinking it was gone forever. But no, you proved there are still lovely people who do the right thing! You made our day more than you’ll ever know. Thank you.
- Truck loads of rotten tomatoes to those on Diwali who were so thoughtless towards their neighbours in Newton, setting off fireworks till after midnight on a workday. I think it’s great you want to enjoy that special day with a few fireworks (not ones that seem to go on endlessly) but please think about other people and their pets too, not just yourself.
- Rotten tomatoes to people who set off fireworks/bombs. I grew up when Halloween was celebrated only until 11 p.m. and it was legal then. Now it is completely illegal in Surrey to set off fireworks and firecrackers, however this behaviour was carried on from 8 p.m. until 4 a.m. for four days during Diwali and Halloween. This must stop! The people constantly setting them off have no care for small children and animals that are petrified and hide on days on end. I, for one, would go out free of charge as a bylaw officer to ticket these people. Shame on you!
- Roses for Ursula, who left her contact information when her car caused some minor damage to mine. She made the ICBC claim very simple. There are still good and responsible people out there.
- A huge bouquet of roses to the front desk ladies and the technician at West Coast Imaging, Guildford. You ladies were wonderful. I forgot to bring my requisition but you went above and beyond to help me get my ultrasound done that day. You were so supportive. Can’t thank you enough. Keep on spreading the kindness and benevolence.
- Rotten tomatoes to the B.C. government for being narrow-minded when it comes to our time zone. First, when it sent out the survey asking about what we wanted, it only gave us two options (out of three) – change every year or stay on Daylight Savings Time. They totally left out the option to stay on Standard Time. If Alberta or Washington state stays on standard time, that will mess with our interaction with those bordering states and province.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram and follow us on Twitter