- This is a bit late but roses and a huge thank you to Bill and Maryln for lending us their spare generator when the power went off. We were able to save our freezer food, which we couldn’t afford to lose.
- Roses to my friends and family. While we have been looking for a new place to rent, they supported us knowing we could find something somewhere. We couldn’t find anything in Surrey, so we are heading to Langley Oct. 30. We can’t wait to check out our new city.
- Roses to the young people in our community who still open doors for people, give up their seats on the bus or SkyTrain for other people and say “please” and “thank you.” It’s good to see there are parents out there working hard to raise great kids!
- Roses to my wife and children for always cheering me up when I am down. When I have a bad day, coming home to you guys is just what I need – especially on taco night!
- Roses to Phil and Laura for their beautiful wedding! Seeing you with your wonderful friends makes me happy knowing that we’ll be leaving our world in great hands.
Email your Roses to email@example.com
- Rotten tomatoes to the young woman in a large vehicle behind me trying to exit Superstore’s parking lot on a busy Saturday. You got rather upset by another driver who was blocking our exit, so you honked. She was unable to move and yet you thought honking was going to fix things. I noticed you were mere centimetres off my bumper so I gestured to you. Did you think you could push me into the other driver to prove a point? Once we were able to move, you followed me to a red light, at which point you got out of your vehicle to tell me, in a rage, that I was being a stupid (blank) because you were honking at the other woman. It’s sad you were having such a bad day – perhaps you need a single rose – but I don’t know what colour would be appropriate.
- Rotten tomatoes to new neighbours who, several times between 2 and 3 a.m., stand outside their home talking and laughing loudly, taking anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to say goodbye to their visitors. Please say your goodbyes in the house and stop waking us up.
- Rotten tomatoes to the U.S. baseball commentator who said Canadians can’t catch foul balls because they didn’t grow up playing baseball. Not sure how much more ignorant one person can be.
Email your Rotten Tomatoes to firstname.lastname@example.org