- Roses for the community in Clayton Heights after it lost a wonderful student. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- Roses to our neighbour and good pal for doing our bathroom shower for us! Looking good so far, P! Next time, bring eye protection – I don’t want to have to use newly attained first aid skills yet!
- A school full of roses to North Surrey Lions Club for holding Sunday meat draws at Donegal’s Pub, raising money to support breakfast programs in Surrey schools. Roses also to people who buy draw tickets.
- Roses to the woman in the SUV in front of me who bought my coffee last week!
- I’d like to give flowers to Surrey Hospice Society for organizing its annual dove-release memorial service, which will take place again on Nov. 6 at Bear Creek Park. The ceremony is a lovely way to remember a loved one for a donation of $50. Please get involved by visiting Surreyhospice.com.
- Roses to the crew at Fraser Downs Racetrack for being so dedicated to the sport of harness racing. The facility in Cloverdale is really the last of its kind in B.C. Congrats to those who celebrated the track’s 40th anniversary earlier this month!
Email your Roses to email@example.com
- Rotten tomatoes to hunters who have us waking up to gunshots on a Sunday morning. You have no need for food, you are killing these innocent birds for pleasure. Humans are supposed to be the superior race… clearly we are not! You sicken me!
- Rotten tomatoes to the mayors’ council for thinking about raising property taxes for light-rail transit again. We already said ‘no’ to this before. They have really got nerve to try and swindle us out of more money. They should all be fired. Once a tax is added, it will just keep going up and up.
- Rotten tomatoes to annoying dog owners who can’t raise their dogs properly. Why bother getting a dog if you’re not willing to train it right? If you can’t raise a dog, don’t buy one!
- Rotten tomatoes to the Tim Horton’s drive-thru workers who are so rushed, they forget about proper customer service. Does anyone else get annoyed when you have three people standing at the window, trying to hand you three different things at once?
- To the B.C. Lions, I give rotten tomatoes for their late-game meltdown against Winnipeg. Gotta hang onto that 10-point lead with just two minutes to play! The loss probably results in no home playoff date, and that’s too bad, because the team needs it in more ways than one.
Email your Rotten Tomatoes to firstname.lastname@example.org