- A bouquet of red roses to the thoughtful person who rescued my dog out of traffic, walked her home and opened the garden gate to let her in. She had escaped while I was away. Thanks also for your note on my gate, so I am aware of what happened. I am grateful for your help!
- Roses to all the teachers who don’t give homework on the weekend.
- This rose goes out to the very kind woman at the Fruiticana store at 72nd Avenue and 137th Street on Wednesday. First you let me jump in front of you in line and then paid for my bunch of parsley. I was in the middle of cooking when I realized I had run out. Maybe a small gesture for you, but it speaks of the kindness you must share every day. Blessings upon you.
- Roses go out to all the wonderful people who voted for Justin Trudeau. You guys rock!
- Roses to our neighbours in Hillcrest (Cloverdale) who go all out during Halloween and Christmas with decorations and such. Our kids love the festive atmosphere of our community during these holidays. They can’t wait to trick or treat at your houses!
Email your Roses to email@example.com
- Rotten tomatoes to snobby people who act so rude if you get their order wrong. Please forgive us for not being perfect.
- A squishy, blackened moldy tomato to CKNW’s Jill Bennett show and guest Amanda Fraser for comparing the children of Surrey to Vancouver children. The children of Surrey are not obese! Their parents, maybe. Soccer and hockey are big with Surrey children after school.
- Rotten tomatoes to the City of Surrey bylaw department for their lame response to illegal suite complaints and enforcement. Every day, there seems to be more and more of them. How is this fair to the people who obey the bylaws in Surrey? Take a lesson from Delta’s enforcement of bylaws, Mayor Hepner.
- Rotten tomatoes to those of you who don’t vote. Yet you’ll be the first ones to complain. Brutal. Just brutal.
- Rotten tomatoes to new MP (unfortunately) Dianne Watts. During a debate, when asked a question about the environment, her response was that it was a ‘highly loaded question.’ Give me a break. It turns out, as the moderator hilariously pointed out, the question came from an elementary school student. Too bad Higginbotham didn’t beat Watts.
Email your Rotten Tomatoes to firstname.lastname@example.org