- A car filled with roses to the terrific guys at Fountain Tire on Scott Road who went above and beyond the call of duty to stay after hours and fix my car so I could have it for the weekend. They even came and picked me up at my house. So impressed!
- Roses to people who are authentic. Phoney people suck and can be spotted from miles away.
- A pharmacy full of pink roses to the pharmacists at the Delta Prescription Clinic (Medicine Centre) for being so optimistic and friendly with their staff and customers. Your friendliness, gratitude and enthusiasm brightens up the medical atmosphere. Keep it up!
- Roses to all the good folk at Brooklands for a great Halloween display.
- Roses to Sonnet at Rogers in Semiamhoo mall. Made changing phones painless (almost). Good luck in Kelowna!
- Generous roses to our neighbour Am for sending her old guitar my family’s way. We put new strings on it and our son Noah polished it up and he plays it every day! He already knows two songs and is looking forward to learning more with his dad. Thank you so much!
Email your Roses to email@example.com
- Rotten tomatoes to the Now letter writer who suggested last issue that the new federal government should make negative election campaigning illegal. Illegal? Are you serious? You should hold your freedom to speak your piece, be your message negative or positive, more dear than that. Or move to North Korea. Wouldn’t that be nice?
- A Liberal dose of red tomatoes to the people in Surrey-Newton who voted in a convicted tax fraud as their Member of Parliament. Do they claim ignorance of their candidate’s guilt the way he claimed ignorance of tax avoidance, or do they actually approve of it? Thankfully he’s back on track to get that big fat MP pension he so richly deserves.
- Rotten tomatoes to the woman who told me I shouldn’t stand waiting for the SkyTrain just because I was in her way. How was I standing in your way? If you can’t stand it, go around me.
- Rotten tomatoes to the fishermen shooting at seals in the Fraser River off the Bridgeview fishing dock, right off the Port Mann rail yards up by the bridge at around 11 a.m. I saw two harbour seals that morning and it is rare to even see one in the river.
Email your Rotten Tomatoes to firstname.lastname@example.org