- A big shout out to the folks who went to amazing lengths to help others through the storm. The men who just grabbed their chainsaws and started clearing roads; the nice people in the mall food courts who stayed open past closing to feed everybody; the lovely couple who bought a power strip at the mall and shared it with all of us who needed to charge our phones. In the midst of chaos, you all rose to the occasion to help somebody else. And a big thank you to the crews who worked tirelessly to get us all back on grid.
- Roses to our neighbours for always being there for us in a pinch!
- A huge bouquet of roses to the kind lady who saved our bacon after the windstorm cut power for two days in our neighbourhood. She knocked on our door and offered to run extension cords north across our street to us and three of our adjacent neighbours. She and her husband deserve a BC Hydro award.
- A huge basket of roses to the female shopper in Value Village who admired the clock I was buying. I am so sorry that I overreacted. I did not mean to make you feel bad. It was a reaction to a situation that happened to me the day before. I wish you only good karma.
Email your Roses to email@example.com
- Rotten tomatoes to the young woman driving a Kia Spectra bearing the letter “N” on Fraser Highway near 154th Street around 2 p.m. on Sept. 2 while texting/talking on her phone. Not only was she driving distracted but she did it with a young child in the back seat. Where is your common sense?
- Rotten tomatoes to the loving and dedicated parents at Cloverdale Athletic Park. The definition of path is a way or track laid down for walking. It is not a spectator holding area. At the very least could you move slightly if someone runs, walks, or walks their dog by?
- Rotten tomatoes to people in our townhouse complex who refuse to park in their garages, adding to our neighbourhood’s already unbearable parking and traffic problems. Here’s an idea – clean out all the junk in your garage and you can park both your cars in it! Better yet, buy a house and move.
- Rotten tomatoes to the woman who gestured rudely at me after I smiled at her. It was a smile, lady, nothing more. If you thought I was hitting on you, guess again. Don’t flatter yourself.
- Rotten tomatoes to the guy who talks my ear off every time I see him. Get a life.
Email your Rotten Tomatoes to firstname.lastname@example.org