- Two beautiful bouquets of roses to Constable O. Taha and Thomas Frohock. I recently witnessed Constable O. Taha rescue an injured black cat from the middle of 96th Avenue and 150th Street and Thomas went to the corner store to buy water and cat food. The constable also took the poor kitty to the Guildford Animal Hospital to get checked out. A big thank you to both of you for your kind hearts.
- Rotten tomatoes for neighbours who blow leaves from their yard onto the street instead of putting them into their green bins.
- A bouquet of roses to Officer Andrew Nolan of the City of Surrey bylaws department. He came into our seniors mobile home park to help us out with the nightmare we were experiencing during demolition proceedings at the hands of the developer who purchased the park. Immediately after setting foot in the park things fast-tracked and got taken care of. He followed up continuously to make sure things got done and even called me a month later to confirm all was well. What outstanding service! Especially when folks were feeling like nobody cared. Well he sure did! Thank you Officer Nolan.
- A truckload of rotten tomatoes to those drivers who belch out an explosive engine noise while zipping through our quiet neighborhoods. You make me wonder whatever happened to your moral sense. And aren’t they ever pulled over by the police?
- Rotten tomatoes to the woman walking her dog off leash near 172nd Street and 60th Avenue in Cloverdale last week. I witnessed her dog almost get hit while crossing an intersection because the seemingly elderly dog stopped part way through, unbeknownst to the woman, who was ahead of the animal. A car turning nearly struck the dog. Roses to the driver for being aware of their surroundings and stopping in time. Even after the incident the woman didn’t leash her dog. Absolutely terrible. She endangered not only the life of the dog, but also that of the driver who thankfully stopped.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram and follow us on Twitter
Roses and Rotten TomatoesSurrey