CLICK HERE to send your submission.
• Rotten tomatoes to the cyclist who wants to ride on the sidewalk. Your bike is considered a vehicle and unless you are a young child (riding on the sidewalk purely for safety) you are required to ride on the road and obey all traffic regulations. Taxpayers are stuck paying for bike lanes so use them! Don’t forget your helmet – also a bylaw much ignored.
• A big bag of rotten tomatoes to the person who complained about being told to use the bike lane. Does he not realize that in Surrey it is against bylaws to ride your bike on the sidewalk?
• Rotten tomatoes to ignorant people who blame the understaffed RCMP for “not being there.” Their complaints should be addressed to the poor leadership from the Safe Surrey Coalition and Mayor McCallum who hasn’t hired one additional officer since he took office in 2018 yet continues to approve warp-speed developments, over-densifying many communities.
• Rotten tomatoes to dog owners who let their dogs loose. Not everyone likes dogs. I for one am petrified of dogs, large and small. I was bitten twice by smaller dogs belonging to neighbours. Please don’t expect others to adore your dogs like you do. Please don’t let them run towards others while yelling out, “Don’t worry, he’s friendly.” Keep them leashed and away from others.
• A fire truck full of roses to the firefighters of Hall No. 4 for help with a slip in the tub. Thank you.
• All the rotten tomatoes in Surrey to the mayor, for his my-way policy. A promise made a promise kept? SkyTrain? Openness? Availability? Taxes? Signs of a total dictator, not a mayor.
• Rotten tomatoes to people who complain about the weather. Just enjoy it!
• Rotten tomatoes to the City of Surrey. Get rid of the rats before we are overrun with them. At a small food store (not in Guildford) rats are running everywhere.