More than 20 local companies are joining Mayor Dianne Watts on a trade mission to India next month.
The trip, which will include elected officials as well as CEOs, will take place February 10 to 20 and include time in Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Ludhiana and Amritsar.
Mayor Dianne Watts said the India trip presents great opportunities.
“With its rapidly growing population and strong connection to Surrey’s population, India is a natural fit for establishing partnerships to create jobs and attract investment in our city,” Watts said when the trip was announced last September. “As we expand our focus on the rapidly growing economies in the Asia Pacific, it has become clear that the business potential of India is largely untapped in Western Canada.”
The budget for the trip is $128,000 which includes travel costs for the mayor, three councillors (Couns. Tom Gill, Barinder Rasode and Linda Hepner) and three staff members. That amount covers pre-event organizing as well as a co-ordinator in India.
Participating businesses will be paying for their own expenses.
Indian companies interested in meeting with individual companies should contact the Trade Mission by email at: www.surrey.ca/indiamission.
• Nexterra – develops, manufactures and delivers advanced gasification systems that enable customers to self-generate clean, low cost heat and power at industrial and institutional facilities using waste fuels.
• Powertech Labs – specializing in clean energy consulting, testing, and power solutions for electrical, oil and gas companies, and automotive and electrical equipment manufacturers.
• Ballard Power Systems – a world leader in developing and manufacturing fuel cells based on proton-exchange-membrane technology.
• Westport Innovations Inc. – a global leader in alternative fuel, low-emissions transportation technologies that allow engines to operate on clean-burning fuels such as compressed natural gas (CNG), liquefied natural gas (LNG), and biogas.
• Simon Fraser University – offering more than 100 undergraduate major and joint major programs and more than 45 graduate programs.
• Kwantlen Polytechnic University – bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees, diplomas, certificates and citations in over 135 programs.
• Mantra Ventures – cleantech and renewable energy company specializing in carbon and recycling technology, LED (light emitting diode) lighting systems, and MRFC (mixed reactant fuel cell technology.
• PwC – global professional services firm. It is both the largest of the ‘Big Four’ accountancy firms and the largest professional services firm in the world.
• BC Film – British Columbia Film has the mandate to expand and diversify the film, television and digital media sector in British Columbia.
• Colliers International – offers a complete range of services to real estate users, owners and investors on a local, regional, national and international basis.
• FinancialCad (FINCAD) – FINCAD has become the industry standard for financial analytics providing derivative analytics tools and services to tens of thousands of financial professionals in more than 4,000 organizations located in over 80 countries around the globe.
• Wok Box – a chain of 60 franchised retail restaurant outlets across Canada selling Pan Asian-focussed, high quality fast food products.
• ICICI Bank – ICICI Bank is India’s second-largest bank with a network of 2,049 branches and about 5,546 ATMs in India and presence in 18 countries offering a wide range of banking products and financial services.
• Sunrise/Chateau Designs – Surrey-based cabinet manufacturing company. Chateau Designs manufactures wood mouldings and trim used in Sunrise’s cabinet projects.
• Endurance Wind Power – is a manufacturer of advanced wind turbines designed specifically for distributed wind power applications.
• Yotta Solutions – offering on-demand software in a subscription based model allowing organizations the ability to subscribe to desired software programs for a low monthly fee.
• Oxus Nexus – a corporate services agency which specializes in Outsource and Subcontracting Consulting.
• Coast Clearwood – providing BC hardwood and softwood products to match specific needs of international markets. Currently servicing Canada, USA, Puerto Rico, Mexico, China, Korea, and India.
• Mill & Timber –a cedar sawmill specializing in western red cedar products for shipment in North America, Asia, Australia and Europe.
• Jhajj Lumber Corporation – a wholesaler, remanufacturer, and exporter of Canadian whitewood lumber.
• bioLytical Laboratories – a leading developer and manufacturer of rapid, point of care diagnostic assays with near instantaneous results at a dramatically lower cost than previous testing platforms. Exclusive manufacturer of the INSTI™HIV Rapid Test kit.
• KPMG LLP – a global professional services firm providing audit, tax and advisory services.