The third annual Fraser Valley Commercial Building Awards was held Thursday, Nov. 28 at the Coast Hotel and Conference Centre in Langley, and the Surrey Memorial Hospital Critical Care Tower was the Judges’ Choice Overall winner. The tower was also the Excellence Award winner in the Community Institutional Category.
There were a record 44 nominations for the awards, sponsored by Re/MAX Commercial, the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board Commercial Division, Fortis BC, Business Examiner Fraser Valley and Communication Ink Media & Public Relations.
Other Excellence Award winners were:
• Hospitality – Chilliwack Hampton Inn.
• Industrial – Bridgeview Industrial in Surrey
• Mixed Use – 200 Business Centre in Langley
• Multi-Family – Beachaus I & II in White Rock
• Office – Pioneer Square of Abbotsford
• Renovation/Expansion – Guildford Town Centre of Surrey
• Retail – Audi Langley
• Senior/Assisted Living – Christine Lamb Residence/Clearbrook Women’s Housing of Abbotsford
• Shopping Centre – Highstreet Shopping Centre in Abbotsford
• Green Award – Beachaus I & II of White Rock.
Honorable Mentions went to:
• Community Institutional – Mission Community Health Centre
• The Greens at Douglas in Surrey
Merit Awards went to:
• Community Institutional – Surrey Civic Centre
• Industrial – Fedex Freight of Surrey
Mixed-Use – Winel’s First Avenue Building in Mission
• Multi-Family – Wills Creek Townhomes of Surrey
• Office – BC Plant Health Care in Surrey
• Senior/Assisted Housing – George Schmidt Centre of Abbotsford.