The Fraser Valley Heritage Railway Society (FVHRS) pulled out all the stops this past weekend.
After an official opening on Saturday at the replica Cloverdale Station, restored interurban railcar 1225 began its first full day of operations since the B.C. Electric Railway (BCER) shut down in the 1950s.
It’s a day the Fraser Valley Heritage Railway Society, volunteers, their supporters and sponsors have waited for for close to a decade.
Fifty-seven passengers boarded the railcar for the first of six round-trips from Cloverdale to Sullivan Stations, where the car was restored.
Passenger runs of BCER 1225 will operate on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays up to Thanksgiving.
There is wheelchair access, with the help of an electric lift.
The FVHRS has more than 300 active volunteers.
For more information, visit http://www.fvhrs.org/