Christmas for the Critters, a North Delta-based charity drive to raise much-needed items and supplies for the homeless animals at the Delta Community Animal Shelter, is seeking donations.
Donations will be accepted until Dec. 24.
If you have something to contribute, e-mail Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to speak to the staff and volunteers at DCAS directly, you can call them at 604-940-7111. You can also visit the DCAS website at www.deltacommunityanimalshelter.ca
Christmas for the Critters is also holding a Pet Photos with Santa event and will answer questions about adoptions on Dec. 10 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Bosley’s Pet Foods, #100, 8047 120 St. Angela will be there with her spokesdog, Susie.
Items needed for donation:
• Good quality wet foods for dogs and cats such as Innova, Evo, Evangers, Wellness, etc.
• Good quality dry foods for dogs and cats such as Natural Balance, Acana, Taste of the Wild, etc.
• Good quality wet and dry kitten formula foods.
• Bedding, old blankets, comforters, towels, and pet beds.
• Dog chews, bullysticks, rawhides, cooked bones and Nylabones or similar items.
• Litter boxes and scoops.
• Cat litter.
• Cat toys.
• Small animal bedding and litter; wood shavings, wood pellets, etc.
• Small animal food, toys, and “hide-outs.”
• Dog, cat, and small animal treats (such as dog biscuits, jerky treats, temptations, bonito flakes and timothy hay).
• Laundry and dish soap.
Items not accepted:
• Clay cat litters.
• Covered litter boxes.
• Fitted sheets.
• Towels with a large amount of holes and/or rips.
Donation box locations
• Esquires Coffee: 11146B 84 Ave.
• Bosley’s Pet Foods: #100, 8047 120 St.
• Annieville Elementary School: 9240 112 St.
• Pet Solutions: 6447 120 St.