SURREY — Still wondering what to do for New Year’s Eve?
Some events and parties are happening throughout Surrey on the night of Saturday, Dec. 31:
• Virgin Radio’s Chris Palliser will host the festivities at Guildford’s The Taphouse bar/restaurant, where the party will continue until 4 a.m. with music by DJs Druu and Reese Paul. The $55 ticket includes a buffet dinner, champagne, party favours and a “massive” balloon drop at midnight. Call 604-583-8828 or visit Thetaphouse.ca.
• Donegal’s Irish House, located at 12054 96th Avenue in Surrey, will be rocking to the sounds of Scots and Soda, a band featuring Frank Soda, Budd Marr and Wes Lawrie. Tickets are $10 and that includes party favours and bubbly at midnight. For details, dial 604-584-2112 or click on either Donegalspub.com or Facebook.com/DonegalsIrishHouse.
• In Cloverdale, tribute band Atlantic Crossing will play the Brit-pop music of The Beatles, Rod Stewart, Elton John and, in a new segment, Aussie invaders AC/DC at Elements Casino. A ticket for the buffet dinner and show (7 p.m. start) is priced at $49.95, or consider the “standing room” option (9 p.m. and later) for $10. Call 604-575-5603 for details, or visit Facebook.com/ElementsCasino or Elementscasino.com.
• A “New Year’s Eve Blues BBQ” event at South Surrey’s Rhumba Room, at Pacific Inn Resort, will feature a Southern-barbecue buffet and music by The Twisters and guest performer Jerry Cook. Tickets for the gig, hosted by White Rock Blues Society, are $105, plus a $3.50 service charge, via 604-542-6515 and Whiterockblues.com/tickets.
• The very versatile band The Pop Junkies will bring the party to Dublin Crossing, the pub in the Clayton area, starting at 9:30 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. and dinner starts at 7 p.m.; reserved-seating tickets are $40. Details are posted at Dublincrossing.com, or call 604-575-5470.
• Central City’s Surrey brewpub is hosting a New Year’s Eve “House Party” with games, trivia and DJ-played hits from the ’70s, ’80s and ’90s, plus a rotisserie-chicken dinner and food specials. No cover, at 13450 102nd Ave., Surrey. Call 604-582-6620 for details, or visit Facebook.com/CentralCityBrewpubSurrey.
If I’ve missed a New Year’s Even event for this list (Surrey only), please email me details at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll do my best to add it.